Summer Salad Recipe for your (Bastille Day) Picnic

PRETE MOI PARIS Summer Salad This is a super easy, and incredibly delicious summer salad that I whipped up the other day. Now that I can eat dairy again, I have been putting cheese on almost everything. And I had this feta in the fridge that needed wanted to be eaten. I grabbed a few items that were sitting around for a fun colorful palette of food.

Bright magenta raspberries, light green avocado, pale green cucumber,soft orange apricots and pure white feta cheese makes a dish that is as pleasing to the eye as it is to the tongue. Make sure your avocados are ripe enough (they should be soft without being mushy) and your apricots firm enough so they don’t squish but are not to firm that they lack sweetness.

As for dressing I just used a good quality cold pressed olive oil, and a few dashes of balsamic vinegar. And voilà!
Pack this into your picnic basket for Bastille day festivities, add a little baguette and a bottle of rosé and you have the perfect picnic party!

*Bon appétit*

But waaaait!!!! It’s not finished yet! I thought you would all like a little Parisian Picnic fashion inspiration to go along with this recipe.

Parisian Picnic

From PreteMoiParis on Polyvore

And just a reminder of some safety reminders for picnicking in Paris.

10 comments for “Summer Salad Recipe for your (Bastille Day) Picnic

1. 14 juillet 2014 at 09:08

Interesting combination. I love fruit in salad and cheese with just about everything. Would not have thought about putting raspberries with feta and avocado – must try! :)

• 14 juillet 2014 at 18:49

MELewis, the raspberries add a little tang and a little sweet. It’s so fun!

2. 14 juillet 2014 at 09:09

nice. wish I would have read this yesterday…when i was shopping for and planning today’s picnic salad. Will give it a try soon though!

• 14 juillet 2014 at 18:17

52Martinis, yeah maybe it would have been helpful to post it a day early, but it is a good recipe for the whole summer! :-)

3. Marni Johnson
    14 juillet 2014 at 22:09

The salad looks fantastic! Great news that you are able to eat dairy again — especially with all the amazing cheese you have in Paris.

• 15 juillet 2014 at 11:37

Marni, I can’t even begin to describe how much new delight I get when eating! Being able to eat dairy again has made me euphorically happy!!!

4. 22 juillet 2014 at 11:19

Looks so yummy!! I couldn’t imagine being able to not eat dairy products…cheese!! I’ve a whole round of brie in the fridge just calling my name! lol…

5. Mel
    26 juillet 2014 at 20:24

That salad looks so refreshing! Will give it a try this weekend for sure.

6. 28 juillet 2014 at 16:46

Tried it – a big hit for our summer family reunion. The dish that disappeared first, probably because it looked so fresh and appetizing. Merci. Janine

Leave a thought or two!

%d blogueurs aiment cette page :