My Current Perfume Preferences

My Current Perfume Preferences
My current scent craves and faves are some that you have seen before here on my blog, like Auto portrait by Olfactive Studio, and Petite Chérie by Annick Goutal, and I do still immensely enjoy Été by Laggridore. I find these scents to be sexy yet soft. They seem to enhance my appeal rather then be the appeal, which is what I believe perfume really should do. I can’t think of anything more faux pas in terms of beauty, than a woman who fills an entire room with her own perfume that she has sprayed on in incredibly offensive amounts. My scents are intimate, and personal, and are meant for the delight of two people, me, and Chéri, only. And while I am still crazy for all of these scents… I have encountered a new one that has been added to my collection of olfactive delights : Eau de Lingerie, by Guerlain. It has become one of the scents I can’t get enough of. I spray it on EVERYTHING : my clothes, my scarves, my pillows… It is a scent to be used on fabrics, not skin. And to me it smells like the softest, most delightful hug ever. There is a tenderness to this scent, that is so gentle and discreet that I tend to reapply more than once a day.
My collection of perfumes is becoming rather fancy and fun yet remains rather unique, I like to think anyway…
And then there are the perfumes I love on Chéri!

I will let you in on my three favorites…

I got him Serge Noir for Christmas. It’s my new obsession on him. It has the slightest hint of sweetness infused into a wooded fragrance. Drives me crazy! (In a good way). 😉
And of course I still love his Gris Clair by Serge Lutens as an every day scent. It’s a fresh yet warm scent.
For occasional evenings, more in the warmer months, I love smelling Duel by Annick Goutal on him. It’s slightly flirty and entirely elegant.

What are your favorite scents? And what does your chéri wear?

Tell me in the comments below.

*Perfumed bisous from Paris!*

Comments

comments

11 comments for “My Current Perfume Preferences

1. 19 janvier 2014 at 19:57

Reblogged this on The Pretty Canary.

2. 20 janvier 2014 at 19:54

I wore Petite Cherie for 5 years, until I stopped being able to smell it on myself. Now I’m back to my promiscuous perfume ways. I’ll have to see about this Eau de Lingerie!! Shani x

• 20 janvier 2014 at 20:06

I have spent many years being totally unfaithful to any one perfume. But I am seeing a pattern now with three or four that I can’t get enough of and I suspect they’ll remain for a long time in my « repertoire ». Also Shani, I learned that in order to retain the perfume scent for yourself it’s best to refrain from applying it anywhere under the nose. It should be applied in fact on the back of the neck (la nuque) and the wrists. Voilà! ♥

• 20 janvier 2014 at 20:25

I actually gasped upon hearing that tip—I think you have just changed my life! Merci mille fois!

• 20 janvier 2014 at 23:19

LOL! I learned it from the lovely people at the Serge Lutens boutique at Palais Royal.

• 21 janvier 2014 at 20:30

The best place to have learned it! And now I absolutely believe it. :)

• 22 janvier 2014 at 19:11

It just occurred to me that I am almost completely ignorant of Serge Lutens fragrances, and that is a travesty! I’m trying to now find a guide to the many, many fragrances and figure out which one(s) would suit me. :)

• 22 janvier 2014 at 19:39

The best way is to go to the boutique at Palais Royal and smell and discuss with one of the experts there. They are very helpful. It’s best to let the scents sit on your skin for an hour before deciding what you like. The perfume evolves according to everyone’s chemistry.

• 22 janvier 2014 at 20:03

I would absolutely love to do that, except I’m in New York and don’t have a trip to Paris planned (yet). But I definitely will do that the next time I’m there!

• 22 janvier 2014 at 21:25

Ah! Well that does make it a bit more difficult! 😉

Leave a thought or two!

%d blogueurs aiment cette page :