Spring Fling

P1070432

When not quite all of the trees have starting sprouting buds yet, but Spring is in the air, anything bright and flowery tends to catch the attention of Parisians, after having schlepped through another gray winter… So little patches of promise are a joy to find throughout the city, and we tend to give them much more attention when the contrast of seasons is upon us.

P1070433

Place du Liuetenant Henri Karcher, never really sollicites my attention the rest of the year, but it was so bright and cheery as I passed it the other day… I couldn’t resist. Full of blooming tulips of all colors it was something of a spectacle amongst all the beige and gray buildings… all dressed up for Spring.

P1070428

P1070430

P1070425

And just around the corner from here? My favorite boutique! To help inspire a « spring-y » step in my feet! 😉

7 comments for “Spring Fling

1. 10 avril 2011 at 09:06

Beautiful pictures! I love finding little signs of Spring on my walks around Paris. The full colors really make you appreciate the change of seasons!

• 10 avril 2011 at 14:17

For sure! It’s like a big sigh of relief after the gray winter. 🙂

2. Lupinssupins
    11 avril 2011 at 02:30

Absolutely gorgeous! So glad to see Paris now has some less formal gardens w/ more of a mixture of colors & blooms.

3. Lupinssupins
    11 avril 2011 at 02:40

Melissa- Do you know anything about Facebook blocking all sharing of WordPress blogs? I first discovered it when I could not share one of Sion’s posts on Paris (im)perfect (& I filled in FB’s inquiry, « post here if you think this is in error), then found I could no longer share lolcats from Icanhascheeseburger (tho they could still have a fb page & post from that onto my newsfeed), and now your blog. When I researched blocks on one of fb’s sites, it said if the blocked blog is not « spammy, » the block must be b/c of the web server & that it’s up to them [in this case, WordPress], to drop their spammy content– & I don’t even know what that could be!] It really bothers me that I can’t share your lovely Spring flowers w/ my francophile fb friends.

• 11 avril 2011 at 22:27

I didn’t know there was this problem… but you could always just copy and post the ling I suppose. Do you want to short link? here it is : http://wp.me/p10SfI-xS

• Lupinssupins
        12 avril 2011 at 01:00

Merci beaucoup! Ca marche!

4. 11 avril 2011 at 10:48

Oooh Perrrdy!! I love this thanks!

Leave a thought or two!

Ce site utilise Akismet pour réduire les indésirables. En savoir plus sur comment les données de vos commentaires sont utilisées.

%d blogueurs aiment cette page :