My Blog in Review : 2013
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2013 annual report for this blog.
WordPress, this wonderful platform I have been blogging on for several years now has been so sweet as to prepare a fun, and interesting review report of 2013 on my blog. Here’s an excerpt:
The Louvre Museum has 8.5 million visitors per year. This blog was viewed about 130,000 times in 2013. If it were an exhibit at the Louvre Museum, it would take about 6 days for that many people to see it.
I am happy with my past year. I have learned that people are still looking at posts written in 2011 and 2010! (Those subject matters in clude macarons and kissing… hmmm!) And my busiest day was full of traffic to a post about Paris cafés. So I get it, you all want more macarons/pastries, more café reviews and more love!!!! I will try to do my best in 2014 to satisfy your desires.
A special thank you to Tricia of Patricia Parisienne (check out her new blog design) who was my top commenter of 2013!!! And Brandi of Posh little designs and Mary of Fox in Paris weren’t far behind. Thanks ladies for taking the time to leave your little notes; They are very much appreciated!
Some of my most favorite moments of this past year… In no particular order :
– Getting to model a wedding gown again at a French castle, for my friend Frédérique!
– Meeting a cool and fabulous American novelist who has made a success of her love affair with Paris in her stories.
– Celebrating FOUR years of blogging, in a grand way with champagne, vintage fashion and a slew of friends I’ve met along the way.
– A little protesting in my own way of a certain fashion event that I feel has gone off the tracks.
– Discovering one of the best terraces in Paris with my darling friend I met on Twitter, Lily of Opulence.
– I organized, shot and edited a little photo/video shoot on the Île Saint Louis.
– Attended the France launch of Stella & Dot.
– Got “Freshly Pressed”with this post written by my dear friend Frank!
– Celebrated my first wedding anniversary with Chéri.
– Got interviewed for French tv.
– Was made my very own Prête-Moi Paris cake!
– Met and interviewed an amazing hand bag designer : Marjorie Renner.
I hope 2014 will be as exciting as 2013. I am amazed at all I get to do thanks to this little blog that I create in my free time (after a full-time job). It certainly has enriched my Parisian life to the fullest. I am lucky for all the wonderful opportunities I have had, and I am grateful for all of my readers and subscribers. I would love to hear more feedback from you all, in comments on each post. It isn’t always easy to be creative, especially when I am exhausted from a full day’s work. It takes dedication to always make sure I have fun and interesting content for you all. It is nice to know it is appreciated! So do let me know what you like here, what you would like to see more of, and just basic encouraging comments are always a delight.