What is Project Optimism you ask? I learned about it over on the delightful blog by Anka called Keeping It Real who herself partnered up with two other bloggers for this project about staying positive as a great way to kick off 2013. I LIKE this simple, kind and happy project!
What do I have to say that is positive this Monday??? Well, I thought I would just share a quick story about my dad. My dad has a lot of stories. He often repeats the same ones to me, many times too. I like that about my dad. My dad is a thinker (he has something like 3 college degrees, one undergrad and two masters degrees). And his favorite way to think is what he calls « PMA » : Positive Mental Attitude. He says that it is the best way to look at life and deal with everything.
I may not always ALWAYS deal with everything with PMA (usually the metro commute to and from work is NOT dealt with in a PMA state of mind), but I try to apply it as often as I remember. And I think in 2013 I will make it my mission to remember my PMA more often!
My dad smiles a lot. He laughs and jokes a lot. He comes to Paris, just to see me. He is not impressed with the City of Lights, he’s an outdoors man, who is more in awe of nature than art and architecture. And that means that when he comes here I get his full undivided attention, PMA and all! He does enjoy the French wine and cheese though. My dad is a talker too. He’ll talk your ear off with all of his fantastic anecdotes and stories, that he often tells more than once. He’ll even talk until his phone battery dies. He listens too. To all my ideas and hopes and dreams and fears and things. He listens to me tell him abouty work, my activities, my ideas and my life. He also lets me complain on the phone when I need to, and solicited advice for things that worry me. He has great advice. He let’s me ask about anything. And I let him tell me all, ALL of his fishing adventure stories. I even let him repeat them. My dad is awesome.
Love you Papa Bear!!!!
Like the idea behind Project Optimism!?!
If you’re interested in spreading PMA, A TON OF HOPE and more JOY in the world, here’s what you need to do:
- Write about something that makes you feel optimistic. It could be a funny story about macarons and how they help you deal with a silly problem like frustration on the RATP (Paris public transport). Whatever it is, write from your heart.
- Post MONDAYS. Starts the week of with a great outlook, non!?!
- Grab a badge by going to your dashboard and clicking the IMAGE widget. Adjust pic size 200h x 200w. The image URL: (http://mommiesarejustbiglittlegirls.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/project-optimism.jpg)
- Link over here and and send me a link to your Optimism post, in the comments below, AND invite blogger friends to join in!
- Encourage the person who linked up before you. Positiveness is contagious!